19 Oct FACTS conference on Climate Change & Energy Transition in Edmonton
Consulate General of France in Vancouver
Thursday, 29 October 2015 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (MDT)
In partnership with the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary, the Consulate General of France in Vancouver will co-organize this free public conference on October, 29th 2015 to discuss how energy transition can contribute to solving the climate change challenge. It will be a major milestone on the road to the COP21 that will be live webcasted and recorded.
Follow the discussions anytime, anywhere: https://livestream.com/accounts/3923053/events/4407075
Keynote lecture by Simon DYER, Director, Alberta, Pembina Institute
– Emilson SILVA, Professor and CAIP Chair, University of Alberta -Business Economics-NREE (Natural Resources, Energy and Environment)
– Laurent MAUREL, President and CEO, TOTAL Canada
– Jean-Christophe FLEURY, Consul General of France in Vancouver
– Eddy ISAACS, Chief Executive Officer, Alberta Innovates-Energy Environment Solutions
– Zoe CARRON,Senior Policy Advisor, Clean Energy Canada
Moderation will be ensured by Prof. Robert SKINNER, School of Public Policy, University of Calgary
Q/A from audience and social media
Closing remarks by Kate WHITE,President & CEO, UNA-Canada
University of Alberta – Conference room L1490
ECHA, 11405 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Please note that doors will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the conference. Make sure to arrive on time so to secure your seat and ensure full time for the discussions.
More information on the FACTS (French AmeriCan Climate Talks) series of conference: http://facts.france-science.org/
Get involved #FrenchAmeriCanClimateTalks!
Register for tickets at the eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/facts-conference-on-climate-change-and-energy-transition-tickets-18833089277